Brought to you by Nurture Kids and the Torres Chess and Music Academy, a nonprofit
organization. This chess program meets every Saturday from 11:00 until
1:00, beginning April 14, 2018. Nurture Kids is hosting a very special program
taught by nationally renowned chess instructor Chris Torres. This course will
provide experienced tournament players with instruction that will quickly increase
their ability and understanding of chess. We will also teach newer students the
skills necessary to excel in competitive chess. Participants will begin their class by
participating in an hour long chess lesson. Students will then play 1 USCF rated
chess game as part of the ongoing tournament and receive analysis of their play.
All participants must be members of the USCF. If your child is not a member, your
child can join or renew their USCF membership at the first meeting. A USCF ID
number is required in order to participate in the tournament.
April 14 th through June 16th
Saturdays 11:00 AM – 1: 00 PM
Nurture Kids, 160 Fremont Hub Courtyard, Fremont, CA 94538
The chess program will be offered every Saturday except when notified otherwise.
The tuition for this program is $150 for ten weeks. Drop-In classes are $21 and do
not require prior registration. No refund will be given for unscheduled student
absences. Checks should be made payable to the TCAMA 16691 Colonial Trail,
Lathrop, CA, 95330, OR visit www.chessandmusic.com to register online
For more information on Nurture Kids, 160 Fremont Hub Courtyard, Fremont, CA
94538 (510) 364-9322 www.wenurturekids.com
Fremont Back to School
Brought to you by The Torres Chess and Music Academy, a non-profit organization
The Torres Chess and Music Academy is pleased to announce a three day Back to School Chess Camp designed to produce rapid improvement in your child's chess abilities.
On Day one of our Back to School Chess Camp, Chris Torres will show your children illustrative games which demonstrate ultra-sharp opening play.
On day two, your child will train hard to improve his/her tactical abilities by solving puzzles and taking part in group exercises that are guaranteed to produce noticeable results.
On the final day of camp, all students will be shown time tested endgame positions that will quickly improve your child's strategy and confidence in the endgame.
In addition to all the hands on learning, all camp participants will also take part in a USCF rated chess tournament that includes game analysis and prizes.
This class will meet from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM,
Friday through Sunday,
August 18th to August 20th
At: 2090 Warm Springs Court, Fremont, Ca
Only $100 for all three days
For more information on the TCAMA, please visit CHESSANDMUSIC.COM,
Or contact Chris Torres at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This camp is limited to only the first 20 students. Registration is processed on a first come first serve basis. The fees for this chess program are nonrefundable after the class has begun. No refunds will be given for unscheduled student absences.
Your child deserves the best chess instruction possible.
Make the right move and sign your aspiring chess champion up for our Chess program. TCAMA schools have placed first in 9 CalChess Championship Sections at the CalChess State Championships during the last four years. In 2009 Mission San Jose Elementary took first place in the K-6 championship section at the USCF Super Nationals in Nashville, Tennessee. According to the U.S. Chess Federation, no other California team has claimed the overall elementary school national title.
Mission San Jose Elementary School
Come and train with the 2013 National Champions!
1. The Torres Chess and Music Academy is determined to deliver the very best chess and music experience to as many children as possible.
2. All of our instructors are highly accomplished educators who have a transcendent talent in their area of specialty
3. The Torres Chess and Music Academy stresses a healthy attitude toward competition and good sportsmanship.
4. The Torres Chess and Music Academy uses a point reward system to positively reinforce student achievement.
5. The Torres Chess and Music Academy offers schools liability insurance.
6. The Torres approach has been used professionally since 1998.
7. The Torres Chess and Music Academy will not burden the schools we run programs at. Classrooms, flat desks, and application distribution are the only requirements The Torres Chess and Music Academy have for prospective schools.
8. The Torres Chess and Music Academy believe s in offering our services at affordable prices that offer great value to our customers. This includes offering discounts and scholarships to those children who would not otherwise be able to participate.
9. The Torres Chess and Music Academy approach delivers a valuable experience to all students regardless of their talent level.
10. The Torres Chess and Music Academy instructors share a goal to offer an incomparable education in an atmosphere that stresses fun and comradery.
Founded in 2005, the TCAMA is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing instruction and opportunities to as many children as possible in the areas of chess and music. All of our instructors are highly accomplished educators who have a transcendent talent in their area of specialty. The TCAMA offers affordable classes through out Silicon Valley and will custom design these programs to fit the needs of the schools.